Department of Public Safety (DPS) Oversight Committee
In 2007, the University of Michigan–Flint Department of Public Safety Oversight Committee (DPS) was created under the authority of Act 120 of the Public Acts of 1990 of the State of Michigan. The primary function of the Committee is to consider grievances by persons against police officers or the Department of Public Safety arising out of acts or omissions of such officers of the department. The Committee will prepare and make recommendations concerning such grievances, including recommendations for disciplinary measures against a police officer who is found responsible for misconduct in office. Such reports shall be submitted to the Office of the Vice-Chancellor for Business and Finance.
The campus is notified about the DPS Oversight Committee on an annual basis.
The DPS Oversight Committee information is available HERE.
Elected members for this term will serve December 1, 2016– July 31, 2018.
New members are as follows:
- Guluma Gemeda, Faculty Representative
- Sasha Drummond-Lewis, Faculty Representative
- M. Lynn Barbee, Staff Representative
- Jennifer Phillips, Staff Representative
- Alexander Verhaeghe, Student Representative
- Daniel Wiseman, Student Representative
Alternate members who will serve in the event that the members above are unable to serve the full term are as follows:
- Jill Hubbard, Staff Representative
- Allen Bellamy, Faculty Representative
- Jill Witt, Faculty Representative
- Christina Aplin-Kalisz, Faculty Representative
- Sariba Shoukat, Student Representative
Procedures located HERE.
To obtain information or to file a complaint, call (810) 762-3150, email the Committee at Flint-HRAA-Service@umflint.edu, or stop by Room 213, University Human Resources, in the University Pavilion.