Welcome to the University of Michigan-Flint Department of Public Safety (DPS) website. Our website contains information about security, personal safety and support services available to you, as well as information about parking and transportation services.
The Department of Public Safety provides complete law enforcement services to the campus. Our Police Officers are licensed by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES) and authorized to enforce all Federal, State, Local laws and Rules of the University of Michigan. Our officers are also deputized by Genesee County. Our officers are well trained in services unique to an academic institution. We are dedicated to the community policing philosophy as a way of delivering police services to our campus community.
Other services provided by the Department of Public Safety include Escort Services, Motorist Assistance, Medical Assistance, Personal Injury Reports, Lost and Found, Locksmith Services, Automobile Accident Reports, Emergency Notifications, and Fire Alarms and Extinguishers. Click here for more information.
Enhancing the future of our students and community through professionalism, service and safety.
Your safety is the top concern of the University of Michigan-Flint. In the event of an emergency on campus, this website will contain detailed information for you. This information may include:
- Status of the university, including cancellation of classes
- Emergency contact information
- All press releases related to an emergency
Communication in the midst of a crisis is paramount to helping our campus community reduce risk. The University of Michigan-Flint will provide students, faculty and staff with alerts and informational updates as necessary.
Frequently asked questions are found HERE.
The University of Michigan-Flint Department of Public Safety, in partnership with the United Way of Genesee County, hosts 10 AmeriCorps members in community to reduce crime, build community, and eliminate blight along Flint’s University Avenue Corridor (UAC). Member and program activities include building the capacity of community watch groups, operating the River Trail Watchers patrol groups, and bike watch groups, holding community building events, canvassing neighborhoods with relevant information, supporting safe routes, and organizing and implementing board-ups.
Become a part of this exciting new initiative - Apply Today!
Qualified candidates will:
- Have an interest in helping communities/neighborhoods/residents
- Commitment to 1 year of service (12 months)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Flint-based candidates are highly encouraged to apply
- Approximately $12,000 living stipend
- $5,775 education award for successful completion (may be used to pay off student loans or to pay for future education for member or a close relative)
- Health coverage
- Training and professional development
- Childcare assistance, if eligible
- Chance to make a difference in community and positively impact the lives of residents in Flint!
Flint Urban Safety Corp is seeking candidates today!
Contact Joy (the program’s Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org.