Welcome to the University of Michigan-Flint!
During Orientation you will learn about the new academic environment, find out about all the support services available, and take the first steps to become part of the university community.
All first-year students need to complete Orientation in order to register for classes
A non-refundable Orientation fee of $150 is added to all first-year students' tuition bill.
Go over the following sections to prepare for orientation:
- Critical New Student Steps: Important steps to complete right after you are admitted to UM-Flint.
- Register for Orientation: Choose one Orientation date and register to come on that date (click here to learn MORE about 'how to' register).
- Pre-Orientation Requirements: See what you need to prepare, how to get here, where to park, and additional information you will need.
- Orientation Agenda: See the schedule and activitites planned for your orientation (available soon).
- Orientation FAQs: Here you will find answers to questions we receive from students and parents about Orientation.
- Parent and Family Orientation: There is a separate orientation session for parents and family to attend; we encourage all parents to join us, but this is not required for them.
- Pre-Orientation Check-In: Fill out this form to confirm you are coming, if your parents or family will come as well, and if you have dietary restrictions or accessibility requests.
- Meet your Orientation Leaders