Loretta Dauwe was a professor and chair in UM-Flint physics. She passed away in 2006. Throughout her career, she was a role model for underrepresented populations in a traditionally male-dominated field.
This scholarship exists in her name to continue to offer aid to those underrepresented students.
Winter 2017 Semester Deadline: December 9, 2016
For more information on Scholarship Deadlines, visit the Financial Aid website.
- Current undergraduate student enrolled at the University of Michigan‐Flint in good academic standing and making satisfactory academic progress towards a declared major or minor in Physics.
- The scholarship aims to support students who have been traditionally underrepresented in the field of Physics.
- Scholarship awards may be renewable if applicants continue to meet eligibility criteria and reapply each year.
- Complete application form.
- Submit a written essay (500 words maximum) outlining the need for scholarship funding.
- If a reapplication, the applicant can choose to either write a new essay, or use the essay on file.