- International Partnerships for Memoranda of Understanding (MOU's), Student Exchange Agreements or Hosting Agreements
- U.S. Department of Education: Succeeding Globally Through International Education and Engagement
- Toward Globally Competent Pedagogy
- Curriculum Integration of Education Abroad
- Internationalizing Teacher Education
Resources: Center for Research on Learning and Teaching
Preparing students for global citizenship is a lofty goal, and each course will prepare students differently. What is a key learning outcome in one course will be a skill that is assumed in another course. At the same time, what students are trying to achieve varies across every classroom.
One challenge that instructors face is how to design a course so the material engages students' prior knowledge and their skills, whether the intent is to build on that knowledge, to interrogate it, or to situate new ways of thinking.
The AACU rubric, listed first below, is a framework to think about the knowledge, skills and perceptions or attitudes that are changed through international experience