The Mcard is an ID card for students, faculty, and staff of the University of Michigan-Flint. The Mcard features a photo of the holder, the holder’s name, association (student or department for faculty and staff), and University of Michigan ID Number.
The Mcard serves the following purposes:
ID verification for many offices on campus
Allows for swipe access to ITS computer labs
An ID card for the Recreation Center
Allows users to swipe into our multi-function printers all across campus
Obtaining your MCARD
MCards will be issued the first week of classes.
To obtain your MCARD, please visit mcard.umflint.edu before your upcoming orientation date and follow the instructions to order your MCARD.
Ordering your MCARD will allow you to submit an appropriate photo of your choice.
To complete your form you must submit the following:
- Government issued photo ID (Driver's License, State ID, or Passport)
- Recent Digital Photo
- Head and Shoulders (Passport Style)
- Color (No black & white or sepia will be accepted)
- No filtered/character pictures
- Plain light colored background
what if i do not have a government id?
If you do not have a government issued ID below is a list of alternative documents for obtaining your university MCard.
- Student ID from previous school year, Birth Certificate and Parent/Guardian with a government issued photo ID
- Student ID from previous school year, Learner’s Driving Permit and Parent/Guardian with a government issued photo ID
- Student ID from previous school year, Temporary Driver’s License and Parent/Guardian with a government issued photo ID