Banner is an administrative database that houses all student-related data; essentially tracking student activity from recruitment to graduation. It provides data integrity, accessibility and flexibility for enhanced decision-making, and improved service to students. The Banner database is directly linked with the Student Information System (SIS), which provides secure online access to student information. Students can access financial aid information, register for classes, check/order transcripts, pay tuition online, and/or perform many other student related transactions. Faculty can access class lists and submit grades.
Please consult the Quicknote What is Banner? found on the Helpdesk website (http://www.umflint.edu/helpdesk) for more information.
TO OBTAIN A BANNER ID
Submit an online Access Request form (https://formassembly.umflint.edu/1590).
The entire approval process could take between 3 to 5 business days to complete. After all the approvals are received your Banner ID is created and you will receive an email regarding your Banner account and how to access Banner.
Please consult the Quicknote What is Banner? found on the Helpdesk website (http://www.umflint.edu/helpdesk) if you need help with how to access Banner.
HOW DO I Request ACCESS to ADDITIONAL BANNER FORMS OR TABLES?
You must complete an Access Request Form (https://formassembly.umflint.edu/1590). Be sure to specify what access you need and why you need this access. After approval of the change has been received, access will be granted.
Our ITS Helpdesk provides a series of Quicknotes on the Helpdesk website (http://www.umflint.edu/helpdesk) to assist you with frequently asked Banner questions.
Ellucian website http://www.ellucian.com/Support-and-Training/Ellucian-Client-Support/ should be your number one resource for Banner information. If you don’t have an Ellucian Hub account, you should get one now https://clientapps.ellucian.com/SignUp.
eCommunities, documentation, and Banner 9 guide are all great ways to learn about Banner 9 and are available through the Ellucian website.
- eCommunities: Connect and collaborate with other Banner users in the eCommunities. Once in the Ellucian Hub, select eCommunites. You can search or follow an area. In any area, there is featured content on the right-hand side, too. There are several videos available on how to use the eCommunity if you need assistance.
- Documentation: Once in the Ellucian Hub, select Ellucian Support Center->Documentation Libraries, under Content Search select Banner Student (or whatever module/app) & Search. Note: some releases are bundled with their 8x counterpart. You can get just the release guide separately, or the bundle of installation guide, release guide and the resolution text file.
- Banner 9 guide: Once in the Ellucian Hub, select Banner 9 Guide (https://banner9guide.ellucian.com/).
- Checkout the Learn More section on the right-hand side. Look at the Keyboard Shortcuts.
- List of available Applications available at https://banner9guide.ellucian.com/content/available-xe-applications
- The Administrative Apps are Banner forms (INB)
- The Self-Service Apps are our SIS
- Within the Self-Service Apps If you click the “Show Resources” there are webinars and documentation for the specific app.
To learn more about Banner 9
Checkout our Banner 9 Project page (https://www.umflint.edu/its/ongoing-its-projects).
Watch this video about Banner 9 Overview and Navigation (http://edservices.elluciancloud.com/delivery/PublicOnDemand/B9QuickTour/bgen-B9-quick-tour.mp4)
Banner and SIS are normally available 24 hours a day, except for the regularly-scheduled downtimes. Please see Network Maintenance for scheduled downtime.