TOEFL Testing Available
Click here for a list of countries that the University of Michigan-Flint does not usually require an English proficiency score from.
|UM-Flint English Language Pathway Program||Completion of UM-Flint ELP Level 6 with grade 'B' or higher. See details below.|
61-80 (Internet Based)
|IELTS (Academic Writing NOT General Training)||
5.5 overall band
|Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)||B2|
|ECPE||Certificate of Proficiency|
|ELS||Certificate of Completion (ELS Level 112)|
|Pearson PTE Academic||50|
|English School of Canada||Completion of ESC University Pathway Program|
|ILSC Education Group||Completion of ILSC University Pathway Program (Academic Preparation Level A1)|
|International Language Academy of Canada (ILAC)||Completion of ILAC University Pathway Program|
|iTep Academic||Level 4.5 or higher|
|VGC International College||Level 7|
|SAT||Old SAT Score: 480 (Critical Reading)
New SAT Score: 26 (Reading)
- Transfer students from a U.S. institution must have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours at an accredited institution with completion of courses equivalent to our ENG 111 and/or ENG 112 receiving a "C" or higher.
- Freshman students who have attended four years in a U.S. high school with grades of "C"/2.0 or better in all English classes; Must submit official transcripts to verify.
UM-Flint English Language Pathway Program for Conditionally Admitted Undergraduate Students
Undergraduate freshman and transfer students who do not meet the language proficiency requirement may be admitted to the UM-Flint English Language Pathway Program on a conditional basis.
- Students admitted to the English Language Program with a 5.0 overall IELTS score (or the equivalent) as confirmed by the English Placement Test (EPT), may be placed in Level Six full-time. Students in Level Six may also have the option of concurrently taking up to 4 credit hours of select academic courses.
- Enrolled students will matriculate as a UM-Flint degree-seeking student upon successful completion of ELP full-time (Level Six) with a grade 'B' or better.
- Students in the English Language Pathway Program are required to enroll in LIN104 during their first year of academic studies after successful completion of the ELP.
*NOTE: UM-Flint's TOEFL institution code is 1853