IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM
The English Language Program (ELP) will not be accepting applications nor offering courses for the remainder of 2019 (Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters). If you are interested in the ELP, please submit your application for Winter, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact the International Center at International.Flint@umich.edu or at 810-762-0867.
The University of Michigan-Flint's English Language Program is proud to offer several options for improving your English skills. We recognize that everyone comes to the English Language Program with different skill levels. That is why we offer a variety of 2-7 week customizable programs for a minimum group of 10 or more, designed to meet the need of each individual student.
Program cost includes:
- Airport Pick-up/Drop-off: Transportation upon arrival and departure from Flint Bishop airport
- Welcome Orientation: Information regarding the program, campus tour, and university policies will be provided
- Housing: Students will experience residential life similar to that of American university students
- Meals: A meal plan will be provided
- Study Materials: Necessary materials will be provided by the program
- Tailored English Courses: English courses will be customized based on the program of choice and level of English
- Basic Cultural Excursions: Trips will be arranged for students to connect with the community and learn about the American culture. Some favorite excursions and activities are: skiing, Thanksgiving meal, movie and theater nights, Halloween parties, bowling, sports games, ice skating, and visits to Michigan's cities like Detroit, Lansing, Frankenmuth, Makinac Island, etc.
Let us help find the program that's right for you!