Global Outreach Ambassador
Be A Global Outreach Ambassador
Are you a UM-Flint student, staff, or faculty member who plans to travel internationally?
Are you interested in further supporting international students already on campus?
Then become a Global Outreach Ambassador!
Upcoming Drop-In Training Sessions:
What is the Global Outreach Ambassador Program?
The Global Outreach Ambassador (GOA) program of the University of Michigan-Flint was created to honor, support, and expand the robust and diverse international recruitment efforts both on and off campus.
Its goals include:
- Connecting faculty, staff, and students to International Center (IC) resources to support international activities
- Providing trainings to assist GOAs to expand international reach and opportunities
- Fostering further collaboration, networking, and innovation among UM-Flint’s GOAs who are engaged (or wish to be) in such efforts
- Expanding and maximizing international recruitment and retention efforts
- Recognize volunteers for outstanding efforts
What do Global Outreach Ambassadors do?
- International Travel (Work-Related): If you travel internationally for work purposes, you can receive training and information with ways that GOAs can represent the university, and possibly attend student fairs or other events.
- International Travel (Personal): If you travel home or abroad and wish to connect with students in-country or attend events, you could receive onboarding and assistance.
- International Center events: Faculty and staff would can participate in any and all IC on-campus events as well as international recruitment activities such as webinars (i.e. International Student Day virtual event), sharing about their program or another topic. We would also welcome any special presentations/lectures that we could promote to prospective international students via webinar.
- Point-of-Contact: Sign up to be a Point-of-Contact person for specific inquiries (i.e. international students who want to talk with professors beyond the advising piece; many students want to know about on-the-ground research opportunities or working with professors, ways faculty or staff can help them network, find jobs, etc.)
- Alum/Faculty spotlights: If GOAs are still in touch with or know of international alums and would be willing to connect them with us or provide referrals, the IC can do student spotlight pieces (and would welcome GOAs to also be a part of them). GOAs could also refer current students to us for international student ambassador positions. The IC plans to send out a quarterly newsletter on both GOAs and international alumni happenings.
- Other: The IC welcomes feedback from you for other ways in which you believe you might be able to assist with such efforts to support GOA goals.