Required Immigration Documentation for Attending UM-Flint 

To attend UM-Flint as an admitted international student, you will be required to have to the following documentation. All required documents can be uploaded here.  Instructions for logging in to iService are emailed to you within 48 hours of processing your application.

Official Transcripts

A transcript is a record of a student’s history and performance at a particular academic institution. Freshman applicants must have their official high school/secondary school transcripts submitted to UM-Flint. Graduate applicants must have official college/university transcripts from each college/university attended submitted to UM-Flint. 

Proof of Financial Support

You’ll be asked to complete an affidavit showing proof of financial support. This document can be accessed through iService, and is used to determine whether you are eligible for admission to UM-Flint, and is required to secure an I-20 required for F-1 status. The affidavit provides satisfactory evidence that you have adequate funds to support your academic pursuits at UM-Flint. 

Proof of English Proficiency

Undergraduate and graduate applicants from non—English-speaking countries are required to submit an English proficiency score demonstrating their level of English language proficiency. TOEFL and MELAB English proficiency tests may be taken on our campus for the required test scores. View test requirements and exemptions here.  For students who do not meet English language requirements, we offer our unique on-campus English Language Program (ELP). 


International students (F-1 status) are required to have a current, official passport from their country of origin to enter the United States and to attend UM-Flint.