Register for International Student Orientation here after you have been admitted.
- Pay SEVIS fee online here.
- Set up an appointment at a US Consulate or Embassy to apply for the F-1 student visa.
- Bring the following to your US Consulate appointment
- SEVIS fee receipt
- UM-Flint admission letter
- Form I-20
- Proof of financial support
- Your passport
- Log in here and enter your uniqname and password. Check your UM-Flint email account often for important information and updates.
- Connect with your Academic Advisor. Log in to Student Information System (SIS) and
- Click Student Services
- Click Student Records
- Click View Your Academic Advisor
Log in to (SIS) to register for courses online.
- Check the term start dates for when you plan to attend.
- Plan on entering the United States no more than 30 days before the start date on your I-20.
- Purchase your flight tickets. The closest airport is Flint Bishop International Airport, airport code FNT. Other major airports include Detroit (DTW) and Chicago (CHI)
- Give your flight information to the International Center as soon as you have it. If needed, arrange for pick-up service from the airport through the International Center
- Investigate on and off campus housing options here.